Sunday, April 13, 2014

My Shiny Teeth and Me

Woo Chip Skylark reference!

So Sarah and Dhara talked about teeth whiteners on both of their blogs, and I guess I'll join the conversation. Most teeth whiteners use bleaching agents such as hydrogen peroxide and carbamide peroxide. These agents treat two layers of the teeth.

Then Sarah added to this post by describing how drinks such as tea and coffee actually get stuck in these pits of your enamel. And if you don't brush your teeth, they won't go away! Wow even less motivation to drink coffee and tea. Coffee tastes nasty and only makes mornings more miserable. Tea requires a decent amount of effort for nothing more than flavored water. So I have no idea how nations have made millions of dollars in the tea trade in the past. I'm on the side of the Sons of Liberty from the Boston Tea Party. Throw that stuff in the water and leave it there. Then row out and beat it with oars the next morning. And after reading this, I am even less motivated to drink these two!

Many people wonder how they can whiten their teeth, and a common remedy is baking soda! Substances such as baking soda contain molecules called surfactants which attach to plaque molecules on one end and water molecules on the other! So when the water molecules take away the surfactants, they also take away the plaque molecules. "If I''m going down, I'm taking you with me!" Baking soda also gets rid of bacteria that forms plaque, but since it is a salt it does loose its effectiveness when water is added. Read more here.

Well that's teeth whitening. Now go focus on relevant topics in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment