Saturday, May 31, 2014

Blood, sweat, tears, and now screams


Even if you are a professor of physics, I do not think you can explain why this man is screaming at his paint canvas. I mean, I understand, art makes me aggravated too, but what is the point of this? 

I've written about sound, and how it travels before, so I'll explain again! Sound is really just a series of vibrations made by a moving object. In this case, it's the man's vocal chords! These vibrations travel by coming in contact with air molecules and bouncing around. This is why if you see amplifiers they usually have a circular part behind a screen which moves to make a bigger vibration. This is also why you become deaf at concerts. Also this is why you can't hear in space because there aren't air molecules. 

So maybe this man's scream spreads out the paint molecules. Congratulations, you can make thicker lines on a canvas? Knowing art, this will probably sell for two million dollars! Enough nonsense now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment