Saturday, March 22, 2014

Outer Space. Explosions. Enough Said.

Recently in a binary pair of stars, one of the stars exploded as a supernova right next to the other one! Talk about an ugly breakup. Well teachers usually exploded on me on a daily basis, and I don't get an article written about me!? Oh well. Still waiting. 
Maybe I keep writing about stars because they look so cool. 

Anyway these stars are basically a load of spinning oxygen, magnesium, and neon. The star that exploded has the 25-40 times the mass of the sun. Yes. Too much gas and you explode. Well anyway when this star ran out of hydrogen, it got pretty ugly. "I'll find another star who can give me the hydrogen I need!" Read more in this article: http://news.discovery.com/space/astronomy/star-survives-supernova-blast-to-the-face-140321.htm#mkcpgn=rssnws1. Now this star will either be a neutron star or a black hole. So first it explodes and then causes more misery. This star must be Kim Jong-Un's role model.  

No comments:

Post a Comment